Becoming a psychologist
Becoming a psychologist.
Word count: 1284
Choice count: 32
Section count: 17
Image count: 17
Error count: 1
Field Related Analysis
Education : 62 matches
(adult, behavior, choice, classes, college, compensation, continuing, degree, doctorate, field, first, games, goal, learn, learning, project, research, research project, social, specific, test, training)Social Work : 28 matches
(child, client, community, counseling, counselor, health, help, mental health, social)Web development : 27 matches
(add, background, behavior, child, client, create, extend, field, include, join, local, open, session, show, test, update)Target Structure: (8 matches)
compensation (1 match)
fulfillment (1 match)
getting sucked up in (1 match)
hinder (1 match)
internship (2 matches)
office politics (1 match)
undermine (1 match)
withhold (1 match)
Becoming a psychologist.
Everything started like this.
I just finished my Social Science degree in Psychology at Ahuntsic College. Helping people has always been important to me. As I think about my future, I'm excited to see all the different jobs I can do in this field. After learning how to understand people who feel powerless or alienated for many years, I am excited and uncertain about what to do next. There are many paths in psychology, and I'm trying to decide what I want to do. I’m interested in working directly with people, doing research, or being a counselor, and I’m thinking about which one is the best choice for me.
Choice 1 : I decided to become a clinical psychologist.
Choice 2 : I decided to work as a counselor.
Choice 3 : I decided to do research.

I decided to become a clinical psychologist.
I join a Doctorate program in Clinical Psychology. My goal is to help people who have mental health issues. After several years of training, I’m ready for my internship at a local clinic.
Choice 1 : I will work with children
Choice 2 : I will work with adults.
I will work with children.
During my internship, I meet a young boy who is having trouble with anxiety and making friends. I’m determined to help him not to hinder his progress to use special therapy techniques. Today is our first session. Should I start with playing games or talk straight away?
Choice 1 : Start with playing games.
Choice 2 : Talk straight away.
Start with playing games.
I bring out toys and games to make the boy feel comfortable. As we play, he starts to share his feelings. After several sessions, he gets a lot better. I feel happy about this, but I also wonder if I should withhold his progress involve his parents could undermine more.
Choice 1 : Schedule a meeting with the parents.
Choice 2 : Keep focusing only on the child.
Schedule a meeting with the parents.
I invite the parents to talk about their child's progress. They are thankful for the update, and I share ways they can help their son at home. The meeting goes well-sometimes I wonder if office politics can be helpful. I realize how important it is to include parents in the therapy process and look forward to continuing this approach in my work.
Choice 1 : Have more meetings to help.
Choice 2 : Create a fun booklet for parents.
Create a Fun Booklet for Parents.
I collect fun ideas to make a booklet that helps parents play and learn with their child. I include activities like coloring, easy recipes, and games that everyone can enjoy together. As I put everything together, I feel happy because this can help families have fun and learn at home. I also think about how parents might want to add their own ideas.
Choice 1 : Ask parents to share ideas.
Choice 2 : Give the booklet and plan a meeting.
Ask Parents to Share Ideas.
I plan a fun day when parents can come together and share their cool ideas for the booklet. Everyone brings their favorite games and activities they do with their kids. I tell myself to avoid getting sucked up in other ideas. But I feel excited to hear all the great suggestions and think this will make the booklet even more fun for families. I also wonder how we can use their ideas in a good way.
Choice 1 : Pick a few ideas and ask parents to help try them out.
Choice 2 : Put all the ideas in the booklet.
Pick a Few Ideas and Ask Parents to Help Try Them Out.
I look at all the ideas we got and choose the most fun ones to put in the booklet. Then, I ask the parents to help test these activities with their kids that could bring fulfillment. We plan a special day when families can come together to play games and do activities.
Choice 1 : Have a fun day when families try the activities went at home
Choice 2 : Ask parents to tell how the activities went home
Ask Parents to Tell How the Activities Went Home.
After our fun day, I ask the parents to talk about how the activities went with their kids at home. I give them time to share stories about what their families liked most and, if anything surprising happened. I feel happy to hear all the fun moments and see how much everyone enjoyed it. But it didn't go well.
Choice 1 : The end
I decided to do research.
I apply for a Master's program in Psychology to study behavior. My goal is to help understand background how people behave through careful studies with benefits. After a year of classes, I’m now getting ready for my first research project, but I know there will be some disadvantages.
Choice 1 : Study feeling anxiety.
Choice 2 : Study child development.
Study feeling anxiety.
I design a study to see how mindfulness techniques help reduce feeling scared in young people. I gather a group of participants and start collecting data. Things are going well until I have trouble finding enough participants.
Choice 1 : Extend the recruitment period.
Choice 2 : Change the rules.
Change the Rules.
I change the rules to include more ages and backgrounds. This helps me get a lot more participants. After looking at the data, I find interesting results that show mindfulness techniques can help with feeling scared. I'm excited to share my findings at a psychology conference.
Choice 1 : Make a poster for the conference.
Choice 2 : Prepare to talk about mindfulness.
Talk About Mindfulness.
I collect my notes and think about what I want to say. I practice explaining how mindfulness helps people feel calmer and less worried. I want to share examples and simple ways that everyone can try. I feel a bit scared but also excited to share helpful things with others at the conference.
Choice 1 : Practice my speech in front of my friends.
Choice 2 : Make fun activities to show mindfulness.
Practice My Speech in Front of My Friends.
I invite my friends to listen as I practice my speech. I take a deep breath and start to talk about mindfulness. My friends watch and listen carefully. Sometimes, they ask questions or give me helpful tips.I'm still skeptical about the big audience. I got more nervous.
Choice 1 : The end
I decided to work as a counselor.
I enroll in a Master's program in Counseling Psychology. My compensation aim is to help people who are facing tough times. After finishing my training, I get a job at a community center. I feel ready, but my first client is a young adult who is very stressed.
Choice 1 : Be direct.
Choice 2 : Be caring and understanding.
Be Caring and Understanding.
I focus on making a good connection and creating a safe place for my client to share their feelings. Over the next sessions, we talk about what makes them stressed and work together to find ways to cope. I feel really happy as I see my client starts to handle their challenges better.
Choice 1 : Use specific techniques.
Choice 2 : Stay open to adjustments.
Stay Open to Adjustments.
I decided to stay flexible, changing my methods based on what my client needs as they progress. This works well as they make great progress. I think about how important it is to counseling for each person powerless, and I can't wait for what's ahead in my journey.
Choice 1 : The end
Comments
Post a Comment